“It is my duty to help and guide clients to understand the bigger picture by dispensing sound legal advice based on law, extensive years of experience and previous precedents. All my clients are presented with efficient legal solutions, in a cost conscious and individualised manner which they deserve”
- Notary Public (Singapore)
- Advocate and Solicitor (Singapore) 1996
- Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn – UK) 1995
- LL.B (Hons) (University of Wolverhampton – UK) 1993
- Associate Mediator – Singapore Mediation Centre
- Associate Mediator – Primary Dispute Resolution Centre, State Courts of Singapore
- Family Mediator (Family Justice Courts and SMC Family Panel)
- Child Representative Lawyer (Appointed by the Family Justice Courts)
- Parenting Coordination Lawyer (Family Justice Courts)
- Primary Justice Lawyer (State Courts of Singapore)
- Collaborative Family Practice Lawyer
- Certificate-in-Mediating Disputes (Harvard Law School)
- Certificate-in-Mediation Skills ADR (Regent’s University of London)
- Certificate-in-Negotiation at Säid Business School (University of Oxford)
- Certificate-of-Attendance in 40 Hours of Family Mediation Workshop (Singapore Mediation Centre & Erickson Mediation Institute)
- Certified CDC Divorce Coach® (Certified Divorce Coach Board of Standards)
Family Law Experience
Gloria has been in practice for 24 years. In the course of her legal career, she has gained considerable experience and knowledge in the area of Family Law, with an approach to handle cases effectively and efficiently in a cost effective manner. She is able to assist her clients to achieve settlement even in the most acrimonious matters.
She is a skilled litigator and negotiator who has handled many complex financial and custody cases, successfully representing local & international clients and Singapore`s expatriate community.
Her constant training as a Mediator and Collaborative Family Law Practitioner has helped her provide additional services to her clients, enabling them to consider the alternative route to litigation in taking their case forward. Her strong working relationship with other Collaborative practitioners has led successful settlement for cases under the collaborative and mediation route.
As a commitment to continuing professional development, Ms James attained certification in Mediating Disputes from the Harvard Mediation Program, under the guidance of Professor Robert H. Mnookin, a leading scholar in the field of conflict resolution.
She has also trained with Regent’s University of London under the guidance of Paul Randolph and his team in the area of mediation and management of high conflict personalities in an intensive, emotional and volatile background.
Gloria has been appointed as a Child Representative and Parenting Coordinator Lawyer by the Family Justice Courts, representing children in high-conflict, contested family court proceedings.
Other Litigation Court Matters
- Local and Expatriate contested divorces in Singapore
- Cross-border Divorces involving various jurisdictions – UK, Australia, USA, Europe, Indonesia, China, S.E. Asian Countries
- Injunction of Assets
- Consent Orders
- Custody battles
- Child Abduction matters
- Relocation Issues
- Stay Proceedings
- Personal Protection Applications & Trials
- Interim Maintenance Applications & Trials
- Contested Ancillary Issues at the Family Court, High Court and Court of Appeal
She is also known for her work in other areas of family law, including maintenance disputes, international family law, adoptions, and prenuptial & postnuptial agreements.
Gloria has devoted a considerable amount of time to writing and developing the www.singaporedivorcelawyer.com.sg blog-site, created to inform people who are considering divorce to learn as much as possible about the process in order to make informed decisions on possible courses of action to take.