Arika Gin Ong
“Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.”
Arika graduated from Singapore Management University in 2022 and is serving her Practice Training at GJC Law in 2023. Arika will be admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 2023. She is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- LL.B. Singapore Management University, 2022
Arika’s passion and interest in Family Law began in Law School during her Pro Bono experience at the Family Justice Courts in 2019.
Having seen the impact of these matters on individuals and families from all walks of life, Arika finds meaning in ensuring that each client is heard and supported through their encounter with the Law.
Her experiences as a trainee further reinforced her belief that family-related legal representation must be comprehensive and compassionate. Arika believes everyone deserves access to a fair resolution of their legal disputes.
At GJC, Arika works closely with Ms Gloria James on family matters. The scope of matters that Arika has assisted with includes the following:
- Pre-Divorce Matters
- Contested Divorce Proceedings
- Simplified Divorce Proceedings
- Discovery and Interrogatories Applications
- Ancillary Matters Hearing
- Variation Applications
- Maintenance Proceedings
- Personal Protection Order Applications
- Drafting of Affidavits, Submissions, Wills, and various agreements, including but not limited to Deeds of Reconciliation/ Marital / Separation Agreements
- Conducting research for different points of law pertaining to Family, Criminal, and Civil matters