Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice“) sets out the basis which Gloria James-Civetta & Co (“we“, “us“, or “our“) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our clients in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA“). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes. It also describes the rights and control you can exercise on relation to it.
“clients” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a clients who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the services requested by you (including legal advice);
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- sending emails, newsletters and other messages to keep you informed of legal developments, insights and other services.
- For client feedback purposes including answering issues and concerns which may arise during the course of our engagement;
- Client legal compliance: client due diligence (under anti-money laundering, sanctions screening and other crime prevention and detection laws and regulatory requirements) which may involve automated screening checks to ensure that clients and contacts are genuine requirements) which may involve automated screening checks to ensure that clients and contacts are genuine and to prevent fraud or crime and we may not be able take instructions if you do not provide the information we need to do these checks;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Contact Number: 6337 0469
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
If you wish to withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, by accessing and using our website in any way (including without limitation using any documents, data, reports or any other materials, or accessing any software programs, database systems or portals made available or enables via the site), you represent and warrant that you have read, understand and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data as set out above.
Effective date : 05/09/2019
Last updated : 05/09/2019