Nicole Thong Xiao Ying
“I listen, assess your matter before dispensing practical, realistic and logical advice and ensure your interests are not compromised.””
Nicole graduated from the University of Leicester, United Kingdom in 2018 and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in May 2021.
- Advocate and Solicitor (Singapore), 2021
- LL.B (Hons) (University of Leicester – UK), 2018
- Certificate in International Business Mandarin – Comprehensive Intermediate issued by Hanban / Confucius Institute Headquarters
- Member of the Law Society of Singapore
- Member of the Singapore Academy of Law
Nicole enjoys the nature of the work as a family lawyer and takes pride in the work that she does. Nicole believes that being a family lawyer is a vocation and finds it a privilege to be able to support and journey with her clients.
In the breakdown of a marriage, Nicole believes it is never too late to engage in mediation to attempt to resolve matters amicably. Nicole is also a firm believer that for mediation to work, parties must adopt the right mindset during mediation. Accordingly, in doing her duty to assist her client, Nicole endeavors to counsel her client appropriately.
Nicole listens to her client, assess his / her matter before dispensing practical, realistic and logical advice and ensure her client’s interests are not compromised.
Nicole has gained experience in the following aspects of matrimonial law:
- Conducting research for different points of law pertaining to Family Law
- Preparing and Conducting mediations at the Singapore Family Justice Courts / Singapore Mediation Centre / private mediations
- Preparing and Conducting Without Prejudice Meetings
- Applications relating to custody, care and control of the Child
- Contested Variation proceedings
- Contested Stay proceedings
- Contested Ancillary Matters
- Contested Relocation Applications
- Maintenance proceedings
- Interlocutory Applications
- Personal Protection Order Applications
- Appeal proceedings in the High Court
- Drafting of Pre-Nuptial / Post-Nuptial / Marital Agreements
- Drafting of simplified divorce papers
- Annulment Proceedings
- Child Representative