Adultery or Improper Association?

In Singapore, you can file for a divorce on the grounds of adultery and prove that this has caused the marriage's irretrievable breakdown. When a person commits adultery, they voluntarily engage in sexual intercourse with anyone other than their spouse.

It can be difficult to prove adultery. As such, many people would prefer to rely on the factor of "unreasonable behaviour" due to improper association to show an "irretrievable breakdown of marriage" instead.

Our series of articles on Adultery in Singapore provide all the answers you need.