I wish to obtain a divorce but I cannot locate my spouse. What should I do?

In general, when divorce proceedings are commenced, you and your lawyers would have to serve the divorce papers personally on your spouse.

However, if you are not able to locate your spouse and have lost all contact with him or her, you can still proceed to apply for divorce. You would have to furnish evidence that you have tried all means (e.g. email, telephone, Facebook, contacting relatives) to contact your spouse to no avail.

If you face this problem, we can help you by making an application for dispensation of service of documents. Kindly contact Gloria James-Civetta & Co, to get the legal advice you need.
At Gloria James-Civetta & Co, we offer a free 20-minute consultation with one of our lawyers, who will explain the divorce process and any other applications to meet your needs.
Call us on +65 6337 0469

Allow us to take it from here.

We offer a free 30-minute consultation with one of our family lawyers.