What questions will you be asked during the 1st counselling session at the Family court?
These are the likely 15 questions: –
- Do you agree to joint custody? Or you seek sole custody?
- Do you want to have care and control (i.e. the child lives with you and you are the child’s main care-giver)
- Do you want only access to the child? What type of access?
- Who has been the main care-giver for most of the child’s life?
- Who is the current care-giver?
- Who is the child close to?
- What is the child’s daily routine?
- What are your working hours or regular schedule?
- What is the child’s favourite activity?
- What do you talk about or do with your child?
- How is the child’s relationship with you?
- Are you in a relationship with a third party? If so, how is the child’s relationship with the third party?
- What care arrangements will you make if you have care and control?
- If you only want access, what is the duration of access you wish to have?
- If you have care and control, what type of access are you prepared to give?
Allow us to take it from here.
At Gloria James-Civetta & Co, we offer a free 30-minute consultation with one of our lawyers, who will explain the divorce process and assess whether you meet the requirements to file for divorce in Singapore.