“I develop legal strategies that are designed to achieve each of my client`s unique, long-term objectives whilst guiding them through the divorce process every step of the way “
- Advocate and Solicitor (Singapore) 2012
- Associate Mediator – Singapore Mediation Centre 2014
- LL.B (Hons) (University of Leeds – UK) 2010
- BA (Psychology) (University of Singapore) 2006
Having a background in psychology, Cheryl is able to offer great insights into many of the issues which practicing lawyers confront- from eyewitness testimony to interviewing and counselling clients.
She finds that she is able to more effectively interview and counsel her clients, craft persuasive arguments, design effective exhibits or conceive useful analogies.
Cheryl also enjoys advisory and drafting work. She is passionate about her craft and insists on excellence in all that she does. Her approach is to work systematically and pragmatically to achieve the best outcome.
Cheryl believes that clients should keep an open mind with regards to the option of mediation as mediation can enable parties to come to amicable settlement with the least amount of emotional distress possible. In matrimonial matters where children are involved, parties should strive to maintain a cordial relationship for the sake of the children and mediation is one method of having the divorce proceedings conclude with the least amount of acrimony between the parties.
Cheryl was appointed as an associate mediator with Singapore Mediation Centre.
She has represented clients in various types of litigation court matters:
- Cross-border Divorces involving various jurisdictions
- Child Custody Issues
- Matrimonial Division of Assets
- Personal Protection Applications & Trials
- Interim Maintenance Applications & Trials
- Contested Ancillary Issues at the Family Court & High Court