Samantha Soh Yan Ru
“I adopt a compassionate and empathetic approach to guide my clients through the daunting divorce process.”
Samantha graduated from the University of Liverpool in 2014 with a Second-Upper Honours degree. In 2016, she was called to the Singapore Bar. Prior to reading law, she completed her Bachelor Degree in Arts (Media and Communications) in 2011.
- Advocate and Solicitor (Singapore), 2016
- L.L.B (Hons), University of Liverpool, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts (Media & Communications), 2011
Samantha understands that divorce/separation can be very traumatic and emotional for most people. Her focus is to find quick, pragmatic and hopefully amicable solutions for her clients so as to save on the emotional and financial cost of litigation. If litigation becomes necessary, she is a determined litigator who remains focused on the critical issues to achieve the best possible result for her clients.
As each family’s circumstances are different, Samantha tailors her services to provide relevant, bespoke solutions to best fit each client’s personal requirements.
She is also well-versed in matters involving care and control and interim orders. Of note, Samantha has represented clients in the following matters:
- Contentious and non-contentious divorce proceedings
- Interim custody, care and control
- Maintenance and Variation applications
- Appeal proceedings at the High Court
- Obtaining an order for financial relief in respect of foreign divorce
- Child adoption proceedings
- Probate proceedings: applications for Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration