During mediation, in determining the issue of maintenance and what is the reasonable amount to be awarded to the spouse and/or children, you may be asked the following questions: –
- What is your educational level?
- What is your monthly income?
- What is your future career plan?
- Do you have health problems or disabilities?
- Do your children suffer from health problems or disabilities or have special needs?
- Do your children intend to pursue tertiary education?
- What is the standard of living arrangements before the divorce?
- What is your living arrangements now?
- Did you receive any monthly maintenance in the marriage period?
- Any relocation plans?
- Age of parties.
- Ability to retrain/reskill.
- List of monthly expenses for each child.
- List of monthly expenses for spouse.
- List of household expenses.
Allow us to take it from here.
We offer a free 30-minute consultation with one of our family lawyers.