with your spouse on the following issues
our Specialist Family Lawyer
the uncontested and simplified divorce papers
- Writ of Divorce
- Statement of Claim
- Statement of Particulars
- Draft Interim Judgement
- CPF Checklist (if applicable)
*The Defendant is at liberty to seek independent legal advice on the draft papers
the agreed divorce papers before a Commissioner for Oaths at our law firm
the uncontested and simplified divorce papers in court on your behalf
Uncontested Divorce Hearing Date (UD)
The court will fix the matter for hearing & Parties are not required to attend court
Interim Judgment (IJ)
The court will grant the IJ on the day of the UD
Final Judgment (FJ)
The IJ will be made final 3 months after. Certificate of Final Judgment issued. Divorce proceedings concluded.
Care and living arrangements for the child
Custody: Joint custody or Sole custody
Care and Control: Mother or Father or Shared
Access: Supervised or Reasonable or Liberal Frequency and duration of access
Division of Matrimonial Assets
Purchased / acquired during marriage e.g monies in bank a/cs, shares, insurance policies, family car, HDB / private property
If HDB / Private property:
- Is there an outstanding mortgage loan?
- Were CPF monies utilized to purchase the flat?
- Do parties intend to sell / take over / surrender the flat?
- How are the net sale profits / losses going to be divided?
How much maintenance for spouse and/or child?
- Personal expenses per month
- Parties’ monthly incomes
Types of maintenance orders
- No order / Nominal $1 maintenance for spouse
- Lump sum / periodic maintenance payments of $____ for spouse and/or child
Who bears the legal fees?
- Shared equally
- Borne by one party
- Each party bears their own legal fees (if they seek independent legal advice)